Posting

When you post remember you are posting to a world audience. You must use correct punctuation - sentences must start with capital letters and end with full stops, check your spelling and use writing language not text language. Mrs FR

Friday 18 July 2014

      A big day 


         ( Part 1)

Thud! I fell out of my bed "ow" I cursed.
Just then I noticed today was the day -  the big day. But I hadn't packed anything.

My world did a 1 80 and turned upside down, everything went chaotic. "Whow, slow down" I said to myself. I went to the kitchen and had breakfast. Then mum said "I thought you were already dressed". I quickly got dressed but forgot to pack my backpack. Mum, Tara and me hopped into the car and picked up two of my best friends Tim, the brain, and Joel, the joker. When we arrived at there house they were both ready to go. Compare to me they were organised.

We drove back to my place and the big day had begun.

Our plan was to do a master chef at our house, walk to Tim's house, have a movie and tea there and in the morning we wanted to walk to Joel's house to have breakfast and a soccer game. 

We quickly decided that for the master chef competition we wanted to make a salad, some devil sausages with wedges and a chocolate cake. Then we realized that we had no recipe for the devil sausages nor the chocolate cake. So we hoped online and got a recipe for both of them. We made a list of ingredients we needed from countdown. We found them easily. At home we started cooking right away because we just had one and a half hours time. I had to make the salad, Tim made the chocolate cake and Joel was in charge of the devil sausages and wedges. We had to help each other and cook against Mum, Tara and Ellie. 

It was really fun in the kitchen but we got in trouble because Joel was so busy doing the devil sausages that he totally forgot the wedges and then Tim decided finally to read his recipe and realized his cake would take five hours. At the end the cake turned out alright but we had to roast some leftover potatoes with crazy, hot, self invented spices we fund in Mums fridge. Dad was the judge. He gave our salad a 8, the devil sausages a 9 and the cake a 9 as well.

We triumphed over the girls 26-24.

But we still had to do one thing before we left, cleaning the dishes. The dishes - the one thing we didn't plan on doing but there was no way around it. While we were cleaning I started singing "pompay" then everyone else joined in. We also sang "waka waka"  and "waving flag". That was great fun because Joel started drumming as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment